Assistant Dept. Mgr., Operations - Carson City, NV
This is an entry-level professional management trainee position. Upon completion of a 1–2-year apprenticeship, this position will be elevated to facility/operations manager. Primary functions during training: shadow incumbent staff managers to learn and understand the operations and personnel of the operations department. This position will train and learn, develop, implement, and coordinate strategies related directly to the manufacture of Taiyo products. Additionally, this position will be learning all about the facility, environment, and health and safety functions. Eventually, this position will be responsible for the administration, security and maintenance of the facility and warehouse.
- 4-year college degree in industrial engineering or another similar science discipline combined with work experience in ink or coatings manufacturing
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to develop and implement goals, objectives, and strategies
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Knowledge of governmental safety, environmental, transportation regulations/laws
- Bilingual (Japanese/English)
- Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Occasional weekend or overtime work
See complete job listing for more information.